Saturday, December 22, 2007

Spin Buzz

When I was a young rabbit kitten, I used to love to sleep in late then watch cartoons till way past noon. Bugs Bunny, Ricochet Rabbit, and all those other furries gave me a good laugh. But I'm not a rabbit kitten anymore and neither are you. We've got work to do to keep the uglies from San Diego, D.C., F.A.S.T., and GAGE off the scoreboards. So get out of bed, walk right past the TV, get out the door, and get some miles in.

Some of you have begun to trade out the extra swim time for wheels and I don't blame you; my fur has dried out and turned green too (remember these are called "battle-scars"). Join the indoor Espresso Ride at Chain Reaction Saturday mornings 8 till 10. It's a great chance to pedal, watch bike videos, and talk bikes. There's usually a dozen or two riders of mixed ages, genders, and abilities. It's doesn't matter what you ride or how fast you are; you won't get left behind (nor will you be able to pull a fast breakaway). When it's all done you can refuel with some premium java.

Warning! Those who frequently experience "bike envy" might want to reconsider. This is not the place for those with a bad case of G.A.S. ("Gear Acquisition Syndrome") and we all know that triathletes have it the worst. Yep, we're talking to you "Mr. carbon fiber valve caps" and you "Ms. gotta have another cute jersey". There's all this stuff made of titanium, aluminum, and carbon just dripping off the walls. If you show up with a Christmas bonus (cash, not the "Jelly of the Month Club") burning a hole in your pocket you might just walk out with a second bike, a trunk full of gear, or both. Let's just say this bunny has a hard time walking into this candy shop.

2 comments:

Tri Chick Cheerleader said...

GUILTY! Six bikes in this family and I'm sure there will be more some day. Bike Jerseys... I stopped counting a LONG time ago. My last "buy" at Chain Reaction... SOCKS! They have some FUN ones!

Anonymous said...

I can resist buying stuff, sure I can, I don't have a problem.
Um...what's on sale??
Anything new??

Now where do I make more room for stuff.
The stuff I really need, I really need another pair of shorts or two.
I only have 3 now.